Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yo. WTH is Spring?!

seriously.   it SNOWED last night.   granted nothing stuck but it's bloody freezing  out there.  Dear March: you came in like a lion.. you are supposed to go out like a lamb.   Pay attention dammit!

my poor Squidly dude.   working 18 hour days 7 days a week keeping the everyday crap  plugging along while everybody else  helps out with relief efforts.  It's been rough on him, in many ways, and I feel bad I can't be there in person to help.   June can't come soon enough.

More Adventures with Unaccompanied orders/home ownership.  Smoke Detectors.   Necessary evil.   My Brother is a firefighter so I know all about their necessity and how you should change their batteries every 6 months/changing of the clocks.  Last year they went off at 0200 (seriously I think they are PROGRAMMED to go off in the middle fo the night to make sure somebody is home to hear it)  not a week before John.. my lovely 6 Ft tall husband with no neck issues who can reach the ceiling on the step ladder.. left for Okinawa.    ( and yes I swear HE planned it that way too!)

at least this time they waited until 0730.   Thanks for that.   unfortunately, last year?    yeah I busted the swingy door thingy that is supposed to lock shut and keep the battery  attached to the leads.   so it has to be taped shut.  and if you don't get the tape  just.so.  it doesn't latch.   and an hour later the bastard goes off again cuz it cannot detect the battery.

and uh WHY do I have one that is battery only while every OTHER one in the house is wired directly?! hmmm??!.   and that doesn't even count the odd ball one that uses these 2 midget batteries I have never seen before and have no idea WTF it is supposed to detect.   CO1?   Heat?   yet another smoke detector?

and yes I tried last year to leave the battery only one un batteried since I have a bunch of others but it gets most snippy with you when you leave it unplugged too long.   and I can't fully remove it anyway.  was tempted to get a set of wire cutters.. but with my luck I would have blown up the house.

at least I got outta the house yesterday.   card making day with Wonder Amanda.  she took a few basic supplies and made a bunch of different cards/projects.   and dammit now I want that stupid stamp set with the bird.  luckily I already had the embossing folders she used.. well the frame one and I have a close substitute for the basketweave one.   and depending how ambitious I get I may post pics although they are already posted in several other places.  oh yeah and I was introduced to the joys of Xyron.   like I need another gadget....

No comments:

Post a Comment